State Grant Programs
- 2018/2019 State Grantee: Able South Carolina (www.able-sc.org)
- Summary: The foundation for South Carolina’s state project is the SC Supported Decision-Making Project (SCSDMP), a SC Developmental Disabilities Council-funded, 3-year grant built on a partnership between Able South Carolina, Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Family Connection of SC, and The Arc of South Carolina. One of the project’s key findings is that there is a pervasive need for professionals and families to better understand decision making supports in an objective, constructive, and strengths-based fashion. In this NRC-SDM state project, Able SC partnered with two school districts to create, pilot, and gather feedback for a tool for Individualized Education Program (IEP) teams that serves two key functions: (1) It acts as an objective assessment of decision making support needs with an emphasis on the input of the student; (2) It features content that highlights steps that teams can take towards constructively addressing identified needs through skill building.
- Final Report
- “Stop, Look, and Listen: Planning for Independence and Adult Decision-Making Support” Tool
- Contact: Jerri Davison, Assistant Director, Able South Carolina, firstname.lastname@example.org, 864-235-1421, Ext. 302
- Website: ABLE SC, Alternatives to Guardianship & Supported Decision Making
- SDM Model Manual: ABLE SC, SC SDM Project, The Arc of SC, Family Connection SC, SC Developmental Disabilities Council, Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities, Inc.
Information Last Updated: July 21, 2022